Sunday, August 11, 2013

Blueberry Cornbread Muffins

Sedona, AZ

That's me after climbing to the top of  a spire
in Sedona, AZ 






















  So some of you know, my husband and I are avid rock climbers which is part of the reason we chose to park it in Sedona for awhile.  Home is where you park it!  We are full-time RVers and travel enthusiasts, but often have to stay in one place for a reasonable amount of time for that silly little distraction we call working.  Sedona is almost a perfect choice because of it's scenic beauty for hikes and rock climbing.  It's a very small city, but it draws in a huge amount of tourism, which is generally how we make a living.




Blueberry Cornbread Muffins

Blueberry Cornbread Muffins
makes 8 muffins
Appetizers, Breakfasts, Holidays, Kid Friendly, Sides, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Vegan

1 cup cornmeal (I recommend organic cornmeal to avoid GMOs)
1 cup unrefined whole wheat white flour or all purpose flour
1/4 cup unrefined pure cane sugar
1/4 cup maple sugar or pure 100% maple syrup
1 tsp salt
2½  tsp baking powder
⅓ cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
½ cup non-dairy milk
½ cup water
⅓ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Preheat oven to 350ยบ.  If you're making this in an RV oven, put the rack up to the highest level
In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.  Stir in wet ingredients, until well blended batter.
Pour into muffin cups (or an 8x8" baking dish*).  For muffins, bake 20-25 minutes.  *If using the baking dish, bake 25-30 minutes.
Test by poking them with a toothpick.  They're done when the toothpick  comes out clean.
Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.


Pin it! 

Like RVegan on Facebook!



2 comments:

  1. Yum! I can't wait to get some fresh blueberries at the Farmer's Market this weekend and cook up some of these bad boys for the family! They look delicious! On a side note, are the silicon cupcake molds sold anywhere??? or are they a specialty thing you get at like Bed, Bath & Beyond? Also, do you make up these recipes all by yourself or are you using a book like Veginomicon for instance? Your recipes all look delicious! I haven't made any yet though, it's been a challenging past week for us here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zoe, The silicon muffin cups were a sweet find at Home Goods, I believe. I love them and use them all the time. I'm sure you can find them in most places that sell kitchen gadgets, etc. As for my recipes...they are all my original creations unless otherwise stated. I consider recipe writing an art, and I'm very passionate about it. If I do use a part of someone else's recipe, I will always credit them, and include a link to the original recipe on my blog. Thanks for your interest in my blog! I would love your feedback on any recipe you might try!

    ReplyDelete